TERMS & CONDITIONS
By booking a trip, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions that govern the relationship between the client and Travel on a Budget, the cancellation policy and limitations of liability. All persons wishing to make a booking have carefully read and fully understood the Terms and Conditions that follow. By making a booking with the Company or its Agents, you accept on behalf of yourself and all those names on the booking, including minors and persons under a disability, to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
The Legal company name is Travel on a Budget di Irene Chimenti - Tour Operator - by Authorization of the Province of Siena dated 20.01.2013. Our official trademarks are Tuscany on a Budget and Italy on a Budget tours. The program conforms to the requirements of the verified texts of L.R.T. 16/94 (Tuscan Regional Law). The contract is subject to the provisions of law n° 1084 dated 27/12/77 as ratified and implemented relative to travel contracts and the EEC directive 90/314.
Please note that our trips are designed for young people between the ages of 18 to 39 years something. We may in special circumstances approve persons outside this range. We reserve the sole right to decline a booking request from you should we think our trips are not suited for you.
BOOKINGS AND PAYMENTS
- Reservations are always required and have to be made either online, through the tour operator directly, at the reception desk of the clients accommodation or by agencies both in Italy and abroad.
- The online booking system of the tour operator is powered by an authorized agent called Trekksoft. All online credit card payments will appear on the customer's credit card statement as paid to Trekksoft, same as the refund. In the event some cards are not accepted, the client is required to get in touch with the tour operator directly in order to book.
- To make a booking and guarantee your seat on any Travel on a Budget tours, you provide payment in full or a deposit only where it is allowed.
- If the booking is successfully completed, the client will receive to the email address entered at the moment of the booking, a booking confirmation email containing the tour vouchers with information about the meeting point, time and tour on it and the terms and conditions of the tour company. If the client hasn’t received any email from the tour operator, it is required to get in touch with the tour operator to ask to have them sent again.
- It is the responsibility of the client to check the accuracy of the booking and the dates of travel.
- If the booking is made well in advance, the tour operator Travel on a Budget recommends the clients to contact the tour operator a week before the tour to verify that no changes have been made to the meeting point or time of the tour booked and that the information on the voucher are still valid.
- An online booking fee of € 2 is applied to all bookings made online. This fee is not refundable.
- The Company is not responsible for any charges applied to credit card transactions or conversion rates and will not refund or return any fees charged by third parties and incurred during the transaction of the tour cost.
ISSUE OF VOUCHERS
- Travel on a Budget or the booking agency or the accommodation will issue a voucher to the client which must be shown to the tour guide at the beginning of the tour. Alternatively an ID with the Client’s name on it will be accepted unless it is specified on the voucher the contrary. In this case the tour operator is entitled to refuse the customers without a printed ticket.
- Tickets and all documents will not be forwarded until full payment has been received by us.
- Some of the Travel on a Budget excursions, where specified, are carried out with a minimum of participants,. In the event the minimum number of the tour is not met, the client will always be informed via email not later than 48h prior the tour for the day tours and 2 weeks prior for the short breaks and adventure holidays in order to organize alternative activities or cancel the tour booked .
- All services included in our tours are advertised on our website or printing material. There are no hidden costs.
- Travel on a Budget acts as a booking agent and contracts directly with coaches, boats, hostels, hotels and other service providers. All bookings with carriers and other service providers are subject to their terms and conditions and limitations of liability. It is important to note that some of these limit exclude liability in respect of death, personal injury, delay and loss or damage to baggage.
- Travel on a Budget cannot accept any responsibility for any loss as a result of such actions or as a result of any act or omission of any such third parties.
- Due to the nature of the services provided, Travel on a Budget will not be liable if any service departs or arrives later than the specified time, even if as a result you miss a connecting service.
- Travel on a Budget may not be held responsible for delays due to mechanical failure, or other issues that may arise and are outside of our control.
- It is the passenger responsibility to meet the tour leader or transportation provided by Travel on a Budget at the correct time and location for departure. In the event you miss a tour or a planned departure, any extra travel costs incurred are paid by the client.
- Passengers who miss a departure time due to delay or cancelation of incoming transportation are not entitled to a refund. It is your responsibility to check in with the Travel on a Budget tour leader 15 minutes prior to the specified departure time.
- Travel on a Budget may not be held responsible for your personal belongings. It is your responsibility to look after your belongings yourself. Travel on a Budget cannot be held responsible for loss, theft or damage to any of your personal belongings, regardless of the circumstances.
To go trough this difficult and uncertain time we have introduced the Flexi deposit
Book any trip of your choice, pay a small deposit
Change the dates, and/or destinations, as many times as you like
for free up to 45 days before departure
- For the multi day tours a non-refundable flexi deposit of 100 EUR per person per tour is required. If the booking is made within 45 days of the nominated departure date the full amount payable must be made at the time of booking. The outstanding balance of the tour price must be paid by no later than 45 days prior to the scheduled, nominated or confirmed tour departure date or the payment date. Whilst every endeavour will be made to remind you of the payment due dates, it is your responsibility to make this payment in full by the due date. If payment is not made to the Operator or to your authorised Travel Agent (for Agent bookings) by the due date, the Operator will assume that you have cancelled your tour and cancellation charges will be levied by the Operator.
- For the day tours a full amount is requested at the moment of the booking
- Any deposit paid directly to third parties ( hotels/hostels/travel agency/tour operators ) on our behalf for day tours are non-refundable. Payment of a deposit enable Travel on a Budget to hold a reservation for you. In the event of a cancellation, this will cause the complete loss of any refund paid. The remaining balance is paid directly at the meeting point to our tour leader in either cash or credit card.
CANCELLATION POLICY***/ CHANGE OF BOOKING
- Change of a booking by the client must be made in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cancellations must be always communicated to Travel on a Budget in writing.
- No refund will be given to those clients who do not show up at the correct departure time and point, or to those who loose contact with the guide and therefore do not complete the excursion.
- It is the passenger responsibility to get in touch with Travel on a Budget if running late to the meeting point or if you can’t find the guide in order to assist you as much as possible. If you miss the tour, no refund will be possible . If the customer wish to reschedule the same day tour to a different date, the full amount of the tour must be repaid.
- The passenger is always due to the meeting point 15 mins/20mins before the departure
- No refunds will be made in respect of any unused portion of a ticket or partially completed trip.
||MUSEUMS & MONUMENTS TICKETS
||EXTRA HOTEL ACCOMMODATION & TRANSFER
|TRIP DEPOSIT DUE PER PERSON
||Payment in full
|| EUR 100
||Payment in full
||no additional deposit required
||no additional deposit required
|FINAL PAYMENT DUE
|45 DAYS & OVER
||Transfer your deposit to an other trip for free
|44 – 21
||30% of the tour price
|20 – 15
||50% of the tour
|14 - 0
||100% of the tour price
|2 DAYS - 48H
||Transfer to an other tour or full refund
||Transfer to an other tour or full refund
|48H - 0
||100% of the tour price
||100% of the price paid
|DEPARTURE DAY / NO SHOW
*** IMPORTANT NOTICE: COVID19 - Cancellation policies 2020/2021****
In order to protect, defend, support and safeguard all Italian business operating in tourism, due to the tragic economical damages that the Corona Virus has caused, the Italian government has officially issued the legislative decree n. 28 art. 1463 c.c to regulate the reimbursements required to Italian Operators for tourist packages and tourist reservations. According to the official Italian procedures, all reservations made for 2020/2021 will be refunded in the only form of a credit voucher corresponding to the 100% value spent for future use within a year from the issue date. The Voucher may be used for tours of equal value or more.
The cancellation policies vary as follow:
- For cancellations communicated to Travel on a Budget in writing to email@example.com within at least 2 (two) days/ 48h prior to the tour, our Agency allows the clients to receive a full refund of the amount paid less administration fees.
- No refund will be possible when canceling the reservation of the tour/activity with less than at least 2 (two) days notice/ 48h prior to the booked excursion date except for the complex day trips where we travel by train. In this case, we require a 2 weeks/14days notice. After this time no refund will be possible.
- Any cancellations or changes of departure date or tour will incur an administration fee of 10%, where the new departure date / tour must be immediately nominated. These changes may result in the loss of any special discounts applied to the originally booked Tours and are in addition to any fees that may be levied by your Travel Agent
- The short breaks and the holiday adventures includes several services from accommodation, transport, assistance, tours, ec.. The cancellation policy of these products are not the same of the day tours.
- Notice of cancellation must be made in writing to Travel on a Budget to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you need to cancel for whatever reason, where written confirmation is received from you or your authorized Agent with minimum 45 days notice prior to your confirmed or nominated departure date, your deposit value will remain secure with the Operator until you are ready to use it against another trip. Deposits can only be credited to or from trips that qualify for a deposit as outlined within clause. One deposit amount can be credited per trip. Deposits cannot be combined or applied to existing bookings. No refund of the deposit will be applicable.
- Tour changes to one of higher value or seasonality will require the difference in price to be paid. It is your responsibility to notify the Operator in writing of your new nominated departure date.
- Upon cancellation you will be liable to pay a fee to cover the estimate of cost and expenses incurred by us in the terms of the schedule set out hereunder. This is expressed as a percentage of the holiday price and is calculated as follows:
45 days & over: Transfer your flexi deposit to another trip for free
44 – 21 days: 30% of the tour fare
20 – 15 days: 50% of the tour fare
14 – 0 days: 100% of the tour fare
- For online bookings, the money will be refunded directly back in the card used to book except for the € 2 booking fee which is not refundable,
- No refunds will be made in respect of any unused portion of a ticket or partially completed trip.
- Any cancellations, changes of departure date or tour within the deposit threshold but prior to the full fee threshold will incur an administration fee of 35 EUR, per person per tour. These changes may result in the loss of any special discounts applied to the originally booked Tours and are in addition to any fees that may be levied by your Travel Agent.
- For the bookings made with Travel on a Budget directly either by bank transfer or credit card, a 5% processing fee will be applied on top of the percentage above.
MUSEUMS, SERVICE, ADDS ON:
Museums reservation, pre&post accommodations, transfers and adds on are non refundable and not transferrable
- For cancellations communicated to Travel on a Budget in writing to email@example.com within at least 2 (two) days/ 48h prior to the rental, our Agency allows the clients to receive a full refund of the amount paid less administration fees.
- No refund will be possible when canceling the reservation of the rental with less than at least 2 (two) days notice/ 48h prior to the rental date.
- Any cancellations or changes of departure date or tour will incur an administration fee of 10%
- For the Vespa rental a valid driver's license to drive in Italy is required (you need to have it with you on the tour).
- The rental agreements, valid documents and a credit card are mandatory for the rental. The Agent reserves the right to cancel the booking if the documents are not submitted correctly and the credit card is not valid.
- We reserve the right of final judgment in client participation of actual scooter driving or in the client being a passenger, or to discontinue scooter use at any point. Any participant unable to drive scooters safely may ride double with a partner. No refunds will be granted in these cases.
CANCELLATION OF A TOUR BY THE COMPANY
Travel on a Budget reserves the right to cancel any holiday/short break/day tours if the minimum number is not met or for unforeseen circumstances. Travel on a Budget will notify the passenger in advance and will offer the passenger the options of:
- Rebooking for another date/departure
- Take a substitute tour of equivalent or superior quality if the Company is able and willing to offer such a substitute
- Take a full refund of the amount paid in the only form of a voucher valid to use for 18 months according to the decree n. 28 art. 1463 c.c for all 2020/2021 bookings
WEATHER, ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS AND NATIONAL STRIKES
- Travel on a Budget may not be held responsible for any delay, deviation, or cancellation due to weather conditions, traffic and national strikes even if as a result you miss a connecting service.
- No trip may be cancelled or changed by you at anytime on the basis of weather conditions if they are not considered by the Travel on a Budget an obstacle to the tour. This will cause a complete loss of the tour booked with no refund.
- Travel on a Budget reserves the right to cancel the tours ( bike tours, horseback riding, boat trip) when the weather conditions are considered to be dangerous for the client’s safety. In this case Travel on a Budget will suggest to take the tour on a different day or the possibility to transfer the booking to a different tour of same value. Alternatively Travel on a Budget will issue the full refund in the form of a voucher of the activity paid valid for 18 months
- Travel on a Budget may not be held responsible for any train national strikes. National strikes are outside the tour operator control.
- If the National strike is announced well in advance and effects the itinerary of the tour, Travel on a Budget will inform the clients by email to offer to organize the same tour for a different date or Travel on a Budget will refund the tour in full
- If the National strike is only announced the day of the tour and effects the itinerary of the tour, the tour leader will have the right to cancel the tour at the meeting point or offer the same tour for a different date. The client in this case is entitle otherwise to ask for a full refund. The tickets for the leaning towers however are non refundable and non transferable.
- If the National strike is only announced when tour has already started, Travel on a Budget will refund the part of the tour unused corresponding to the travel fees, any meals not used and a compensation fee.
- In case of operational reasons or matters not due to Travel on a Budget (road conditions, strikes, delays, changes in opening times or other problems), the tour operator may modify the tour at any time or replace it with alternative services of the same type and quality. In such case there will be no change in the price of the excursion.
Force Majeure Event means any event or circumstance beyond the control of Travel on a Budget, including but not limited to: (a) an act of god (such as earthquake, flood, fire, explosion, landslide, lightning, action of the elements, force of nature, washout, typhoon, hurricane, cyclone, tsunami, storm or storm warning or natural disaster); (b) industrial disputes, work ban or other labour dispute or difficulty; (c) acts of terrorism, political unrest, war or threat of war, riots or civil strife; (d) failure or delays to scheduled transportation and the closure of airports or ports; (e) pandemic, epidemic or health risk; (f) governmental and administrative actions (including closure of borders and travel warnings and restrictions), other casualty or cause, not within the control of Travel on a Budget, that would make it impractical or impossible for Travel on a Budget to be held, all the conditions, rights and duties of both the operator and the client, set out in the contract of the terms and conditions are no longer valid and falls under " cases of force majeure " .
The customer agrees per the terms and conditions herein to receive a credit voucher of the amount spend or of the service not used for future use. This voucher is transferable and can be use for future bookings within a year from the issue date on any of the Tour Operator services.
- In case of sudden increase in individual prices indicated, superior than 10% (e.g. new taxes or duties), the excursions prices will be modified accordingly. Clients, hotels, accommodations and agencies which sell our services will be informed in writing.
SPECIAL OFFERS & DISCOUNTS
- Special offers and discounts can only be applied at the time of booking and cannot be retrospectively added at a later date, regardless of any changes made to the original booking.
- Discounts and special offers cannot be accumulated and when 2 or more offers can apply to a booking in all cases only the discount offering the highest saving to the booking will be applied.
- Discounts codes and promo codes cannot be used on already discounted tours. If this happens the client will be asked to pay the difference.
- Any complaint by the client must be communicated in writing to Travel on a Budget to firstname.lastname@example.org within and not later than 10 days after the date of the tour. The complaints or disputes that cannot be solved amicably between the client and Travel on a Budget, shall be referred to Siena Court.
PHOTOGRAPHS AND FILMS
- All contents on our printing material and website are protected by copyright. Therefore it is not permitted to copy neither in part or in full any of the texts, colours, images and tour titles in use by the tour operator. Our brands Italy on a Budget tours and Tuscany on a Budget and logos are officially registered in Italy. The graphic layout, texts, imagines and colours cannot be copied neither in part nor in full.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the WHO senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. We ask that you please take personal responsibility for your well-being. This begins with packing any personal protective equipment and sanitizers you require. Please adopt physical distancing and hygiene practices throughout your pre-trip travel arrangements and follow all health instructions whether physical signage or requests from our professional staff, once you are holidaying with us. To travel with Travel on a Budget, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID- 19.
SAFETY MEASURES DURING COVID-19
Keeping you safe is our priority. All of our tours comply with the Italian Government's directives for the containment regarding the spread of Covid-19.
The main measures adopted are the following:
- A safe distance of one meter between clients will be maintained whenever possible
- All our vehicles will be deep-cleaned and disinfected before and after each service
- The use of masks is mandatory. Clients must bring their own masks
- Alcohol gel will be available on all our vehicles
- The temperature will be checked for staff and visitors
GREEN PASS AND OTHER CERTIFICATIONS' UPDATES - AUGUST 6TH 2021
As per Italian Government official decree, from 6th August 2021, in order to access restaurants and establishments for indoor consumption (bars, cellars), museums, churches or other places of culture, it will be mandatory to present one of the following documents, together with a valid form of identity card:
- Green pass vaccination, valid from the fifteenth day after the administration of the first dose
- Carrying out a rapid molecular or antigen test with a negative result for the Sars-CoV-2 virus (valid for 48 hours).
- Certification of recovery from Sars-CoV-2 infection (valid for 6 months)
- For non-European visitors from Israel, the United States, Japan and Canada: paper certificate certifying the anti-Covid vaccination
Without the presentation of one of these certifications, it will not be possible to access the places indicated above. These provisions are valid for ages 12 and up. Travel on a Budget is not responsible for any access denied due to the lack of the necessary requirements