TERMS & CONDITIONS
By booking a trip, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions that govern the relationship between the client and Travel on a Budget, the cancellation policy and limitations of liability. All persons wishing to make a booking have carefully read and fully understood the Terms and Conditions that follow. By making a booking with the Company or its Agents, you accept on behalf of yourself and all those names on the booking, including minors and persons under a disability, to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
The Legal company name is Travel on a Budget di Irene Chimenti - Tour Operator - by Authorization of the Province of Siena dated 20.01.2013. Our official trademarks are Tuscany on a Budget and Italy on a Budget tours. The program conforms to the requirements of the verified texts of L.R.T. 16/94 (Tuscan Regional Law). The contract is subject to the provisions of law n° 1084 dated 27/12/77 as ratified and implemented relative to travel contracts and the EEC directive 90/314.
Please note that our trips are designed for young people between the ages of 18 to 39 years. We may in special circumstances approve persons outside this range. We reserve the sole right to decline a booking request from You should we think our trips are not suited for you.
BOOKINGS AND PAYMENTS
- Reservations are always required and have to be made either online, through the tour operator directly, at the reception desk of the clients accommodation or by agencies both in Italy and abroad.
- The online booking system of the tour operator is powered by an authorized agent called Trekksoft. All online credit card payments will appear on the customer's credit card statement as paid to Trekksoft, same as the refund. In the event some cards are not accepted, the client is required to get in touch with the tour operator directly in order to book.
- To make a booking and guarantee your seat on any Travel on a Budget tours, you provide payment in full or a deposit only where it is allowed.
- If the booking is successfully completed, the client will receive to the email address entered at the moment of the booking, a booking confirmation email containing the tour vouchers with information about the meeting point, time and tour on it and the terms and conditions of the tour company. If the client hasn’t received any email from the tour operator, it is required to get in touch with the tour operator to ask to have them sent again.
- It is the responsibility of the client to check the accuracy of the booking and the dates of travel.
- If the booking is made well in advance, the tour operator Travel on a Budget recommends the clients to contact the tour operator a few days before the tour to verify that no changes have been made to the meeting point or time of the tour booked and that the information on the voucher are still valid.
- An online booking fee of € 2 is applied to all bookings made online. This fee is not refundable.
- The Company is not responsible for any charges applied to credit card transactions or conversion rates and will not refund or return any fees charged by third parties and incurred during the transaction of the tour cost.
Any deposit paid to hotels/hostels/travel agency/tour operators on our behalf for day tours are non-refundable. Payment of a deposit enable Travel on a Budget to hold a reservation for you. In the event of a cancellation, this will cause the complete loss of any refund paid. The remaining balance is paid directly at the meeting point to our tour leader in either cash or credit card.
ONLINE DEPOSIT: The deposit paid online will allow you to pay a percentage of those tours of higher value such as the Adventure holidays and short breaks. The full payments of the balance of the tour is due up to 30 days before the departure date of the first service booked either by bank transfer or by credit card. If full payment is not received by the due date, then rates and tour space cannot be guaranteed and the Company reserves the right to treat the Client’s booking as cancelled.
ISSUE OF VOUCHERS
- Travel on a Budget or the booking agency or the accommodation will issue a voucher to the client which must be shown to the tour guide at the beginning of the tour. Alternatively an ID with the Client’s name on it will be accepted unless it is specified on the voucher the contrary. In this case the tour operator is entitled to refuse the customers without a printed ticket.
- Some of the Travel on a Budget excursions, where specified, are carried out with a minimum of participants,. In the event the minimum number of the tour is not met, the client will always be informed via email not later than 48h prior the tour for the day tours and 2 weeks prior for the short breaks and adventure holidays in order to organize alternative activities or cancel the tour booked .
- All services included in our tours are advertised on our website or printing material. There are no hidden costs.
- Travel on a Budget acts as a booking agent and contracts directly with coaches, boats, hostels, hotels and other service providers. All bookings with carriers and other service providers are subject to their terms and conditions and limitations of liability. It is important to note that some of these limit exclude liability in respect of death, personal injury, delay and loss or damage to baggage.
- Travel on a Budget cannot accept any responsibility for any loss as a result of such actions or as a result of any act or omission of any such third parties.
- Due to the nature of the services provided, Travel on a Budget will not be liable if any service departs or arrives later than the specified time, even if as a result you miss a connecting service.
- Travel on a Budget may not be held responsible for delays due to mechanical failure, or other issues that may arise and are outside of our control.
- It is the passenger responsibility to meet the tour leader or transportation provided by Travel on a Budget at the correct time and location for departure. In the event you miss a tour or a planned departure, any extra travel costs incurred are paid by the client.
- Passengers who miss a departure time due to delay or cancelation of incoming transportation are not entitled to a refund. It is your responsibility to check in with the Travel on a Budget tour leader 15 minutes prior to the specified departure time.
- Travel on a Budget may not be held responsible for your personal belongings. It is your responsibility to look after your belongings yourself. Travel on a Budget cannot be held responsible for loss, theft or damage to any of your personal belongings, regardless of the circumstances.
CANCELLATION POLICY/ CHANGE OF BOOKING
- No refund will be given to those clients who do not show up at the correct departure time and point, or to those who loose contact with the guide and therefore do not complete the excursion.
- It is the passenger responsibility to get in touch with Travel on a Budget if running late to the meeting point or if you can’t find the guide in order to assist you as much as possible. If you miss the tour, no refund will be possible . If the customer wish to reschedule the same day tour to a different date, the full amount of the tour must be repaid.
- The passenger is always due to the meeting point 15 mins/20mins before the departure
- No refunds will be made in respect of any unused portion of a ticket or partially completed trip.
- Change of a booking by the client must be made in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cancellations must be always communicated to Travel on a Budget in writing. The cancellation policies varies as follow:
- For cancellations communicated to Travel on a Budget in writing to email@example.com within at least 2 (two) days/ 48h prior the tour , our Agency allows the clients to receive a full refund of the amount paid at no extra cost. For online bookings, the full refund of the tour , except for the € 2 booking fee which is not refundable, will be authorized and the money will be paid directly back in the card used to book in 5 working days.
- For the bookings made with Travel on a Budget directly either by bank transfer or credit card, a 7% processing fee will be applied.
- No refund will be possible when cancelling the reservation of the tour/activity with less than at least 2 (two) days notice/ 48h prior the booked excursion date except for the trip to NAPLES and POMPEII where we require a 2 weeks/15days notice. After this time no refund will be possible.
SHORT BREAKS AND HOLIDAY ADVENTURES:
- The short breaks and the holiday adventures includes several services from accommodation, transport, assistance, tours, ec.. The cancellation policy of these products are not the same of the day tours.
- Notice of cancellation must be made in writing to Travel on a Budget to firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon cancellation you will be liable to pay a fee to cover the estimate of cost and expenses incurred by us in the terms of the schedule set out hereunder. This is expressed as a percentage of the holiday price and is calculated as follows:
30 days or more prior to departure: 0% of the tour fare
29 – 20 days: 30% of the tour fare
20 – 16 days: 50% of the tour fare
15 – 0 days: 100% of the tour fare
- For online bookings, the refund will be authorized and the money will be refunded directly back in the card used to book in 5 working days except for the € 2 booking fee which is not refundable,
- For the bookings made with Travel on a Budget directly either by bank transfer or credit card, a 7% processing fee will be applied on top of the percentage above.
- No refunds will be made in respect of any unused portion of a ticket or partially completed trip.
MUSEUMS, SERVICE, ADDS ON
Museums reservation, services and adds on are non refundable and not transferrable
WEATHER, ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS AND NATIONAL STRIKES
- Travel on a Budget may not be held responsible for any delay, deviation, or cancellation due to weather conditions, traffic and national strikes even if as a result you miss a connecting service.
- No trip may be cancelled or changed by you at anytime on the basis of weather conditions if they are not considered by the Travel on a Budget an obstacle to the tour. This will cause a complete loss of the tour booked with no refund.
- Travel on a Budget reserves the right to cancel the tours ( bike tours, horseback riding, boat trip) when the weather conditions are considered to be dangerous for the client’s safety. In this case Travel on a Budget will suggest to take the tour on a different day or the possibility to transfer the booking to a different tour of same value. Alternatively Travel on a Budget will issue the full refund of the activity paid
- Travel on a Budget may not be held responsible for any train national strikes. National strikes are outside the tour operator control.
- If the National strike is announced well in advance and effects the itinerary of the tour, Travel on a Budget will inform the clients by email to offer to organize the same tour for a different date or Travel on a Budget will refund the tour in full
- If the National strike is only announced the day of the tour and effects the itinerary of the tour, the tour leader will have the right to cancel the tour at the meeting point or offer the same tour for a different date. The client in this case is entitle otherwise to ask for a full refund. The tickets for the leaning towers however are non refundable and non transferable.
- If the National strike is only announced when tour has already started, Travel on a Budget will refund the part of the tour unused corresponding to the travel fees, any meals not used and a compensation fee.
- In case of operational reasons or matters not due to Travel on a Budget (road conditions, strikes, delays, changes in opening times or other problems), the tour operator may modify the tour at any time or replace it with alternative services of the same type and quality. In such case there will be no change in the price of the excursion.
CANCELLATION OF A TOUR BY THE COMPANY
- Travel on a Budget reserves the right to cancel any holiday/short break/day tours if the minimum number is not met or for unforeseen circumstances. Travel on a Budget will notify the passenger not later than 4 days before the departure and will offer the passenger the options of either rebooking for another date/departure, take a substitute tour of equivalent or superior quality if the Company is able and willing to offer such a substitute or receiving a full refund of the money paid for the tour except for the online booking fee which is non refundable.
- These programs and prices have to be considered until December 31st 2018. In case of sudden increase in individual prices indicated, superior than 10% (e.g. new taxes or duties), the excursions prices will be modified accordingly. Clients, hotels, accommodations and agencies which sell our services will be informed in writing.
SPECIAL OFFERS & DISCOUNTS
- Special offers and discounts can only be applied at the time of booking and cannot be retrospectively added at a later date, regardless of any changes made to the original booking.
- Discounts and special offers cannot be accumulated and when 2 or more offers can apply to a booking in all cases only the discount offering the highest saving to the booking will be applied.
- Discounts codes and promo codes cannot be used on already discounted tours. If this happens the client will be asked to pay the difference.
- The excursions scheduled in the program are covered by R.C. insurance for the risk, limits of indemnity which appears in the article 13 of L.R.T. 16/94 with ASSICURAZIONI ALLIANZ GLOBAL ASSISTANCE nr. 78777680. The Tour Operator does not respond for damages caused by third parties or for reasons beyond its control and is not responsible for loss or forgetfulness of valuable (and not) objects or luggage.
- There is no travel insurance included in the cost of any Travel on a Budget tour or package, ticket, or product.
- Travel on a Budget highly recommends that you purchase your own travel insurance that covers all of your travels. Travel on a Budget strongly recommends that you are covered by a comprehensive insurance policy which includes: personal accident, medical expenses, personal baggage, money and public liability.
- Any complaint by the client must be communicated in writing to Travel on a Budget to email@example.com within and not later than 10 days after the date of the tour. The complaints or disputes that cannot be solved amicably between the client and Travel on a Budget, shall be referred to Siena Court.
PHOTOGRAPHS AND FILMS
- All contents on our printing material and website are protected by copyright. Therefore it is not permitted to copy neither in part or in full any of the texts, colours, images and tour titles in use by the tour operator. Our brands Italy on a Budget tours and Tuscany on a Budget and logos are officially registered in Italy. The graphic layout, texts, imagines and colours cannot be copied neither in part nor in full.