Rome has 2 airports: Fiumicino FCO and Ciampino CIA with easy and cheap city center connections. Venice has 2 airports: Marco Polo ( 30 mins to Venice) and Treviso ( 1h30m to Venice). There are many cheap European airlines. We recommend you to look into Ryanair and Easyjet which are the most common ones.
From Fiumicino airport to Rome city centre:
The Leonardo Express is the direct train that serves the route between the airport and the centre of the city of Rome every 30 minutes.
- Trains from Termini depart from the track 24 on the right. Ticket costs euro 11, available at the counter as well as the Termini news stand. Tickets sold at the departure platform are more expensive. Get your ticket stamped in a yellow validation machine just before using it. Ticket expires 90 minutes after validation.
The ultramodern train Leonardo Express, covers the distance in 30 minutes.
There is also the possibility to use the older technology city’s metropolitan train that has a correspondence with the Metro. The metropolitan train FM1 links the airport of Rome with the regions Roma Tiburtina, Fara Sabina, Poggio Mirteto and Orte.
The Metropolitan train leaves from the track on the left but does not stop at Termini. Get off at Tiburtina Station or at Ostiense Station to connect to the Rome Metro.
By Terravision Shuttle Bus
The bus line Terravision Shuttle Bus serves the route between the airport and the central station of Rome, Termini.
70 minutes, 5 stops, 7 services a day.
From Ciampino airport to Rome city centre:
We have found this article online very useful... have a read:
Get in touch with us for further questions at email@example.com
If you arrive to Marco Polo airport:
1. Go by boat from the Gulf of Venice (Servizio Motoscafi Alilaguna)
This is the most romantic way to get to Venice. As many people say "To the city of water, enter from the gulf", you can enjoy beautiful scenery on the water. Especially if you arrive at Venice in the evening, the beauty of the town will attract you totally.
Please see the page of "take a boat from Marco Polo Airport".
2. Shuttle Bus or Public Bus (Servizio Autobus)
From Venice Marco Polo Airport (the main airport), you can arrive at the "Piazzale Roma" by a shuttle bus or by a public bus. This square is a gateway to the Venice Island and situated south side of the Venice Santa Lucia train station. There are shuttle buses of ATVO Inc. or buses of ACTV. It takes only 20 minutes.
3. From Mestre train station
You can arrive at the Mestre Railway station from the Venice airport (Marco Polo airport) by public bus of No. 15 (orange). It takes 20 minutes. Then from the Mestre station, it takes 15 minutes by bus of No. 2 to arrive at the Piazzale Roma.
By railway, the trains run every 10 minutes and it can take about 10 minutes to the Venice Santa Lucia train station.
More info: click here
If you arrive at the Florence airport:
- easiest way is to catch a cab but it costs from €25.00
- the cheapest is to catch the Vola in Bus that is the shuttle service from the airport to the main train station in Florence S.M.N. The bus takes 15/20 min depending on the traffic and costs €6.00 per person, and leaves every 30 min, here below the link if you need to check the time table here
If you arrive in Pisa Airport:
- terravision bus, it is a shuttle service from Florence to Pisa which costs €4.99 and takes approximately 70 min. http://www.terravision.eu/#
- train You can get to Pisa Central Station from Galilei Airport by PisaMover Bus Service that has a timetable departure of every 10 minutes and operates every day from 6.00 a.m. to 24.00. p.m., including Sunday and Bank holidays. It has a journey time of just 8 minutes.
Pisa Mover Bus service stop is just in front of the Departure Terminal Check-in A.
At Pisa Central Station, the stop is located close to platform 14, from which you can easily reach the other platforms and station’s main entrance.
Pisa Airport and Firenze SMN railway station are connected by several trains a day. The service is operating with both regional trains that perform some intermediate stops (including Pontedera and Empoli) taking about 1 hour, and with fast trains that directly connect Pisa Airport with Florence Santa Maria Novella Railway Station in just 50 minutes.
Ticket price for a journey from Pisa Airport to Florence Central Station is 9,30€ and it includes the train ticket from Pisa Central Station to Florence Central Station (8,00€)* and the PisaMover bus price from Galilei Airport to Pisa Central Station (1,30€) (*).
For further information on trains timetable and fares, please visit www.trenitalia.com