A day trip to Tuscany with 2 wineries, 7 different types of wine to taste, 3 extra virgin olive oil, balsamic, Tuscan snacks, amazing scenery and the visit to San Gimignano all in 1 day!
Join our FUN day trip to the Chianti countryside to discover why the area is famous for its scenery as well as its wine.
First stop will be at a WINERY AND WINE TASTING SCHOOL located an hour outside of Florence where you will taste 4 different type of wines including the famous Chianti Classico, Brunello of Montalcino, Super Tuscan wines, a 30 year-old balsamic vinegar and the delicious truffle extra virgin olive oil. Here you will learn how to recognize the different flavours and develop your taste buds with a passionate wine producer. Don't worry this is not a real school where you have to take notes and be tested at the end so only fun is guaranteed.
The second stop will be at a LOCAL WINERY located in a stunning area well known for the production of the D.O.C.G. Vernaccia white wine facing the famous towers of San Gimignano. The wine makers will guide you through the vineyards and the cellars and they will share the secrets of the wine and oil production as well as the best wine and food combinations. At the winery you will enjoy 3 wines; the famous Vernaccia white wine, a rosè wine and a Chianti colli senesi D.O.C.G. You will also have the opportunity to buy the local products and wine at a great price to bring back home or ship to friends and family.
In the afternoon you will be free to visit and spend time wandering through the narrow streets shopping in the local stores of the most beautiful medieval town of Tuscany, SAN GIMIGNANO and check out the tower filled skyline while eating the ice cream from a world-champion gelateria. Maps will be provided from your tour leader and tips about the best places to visit in town.
We will arrive back to Florence at approx 5:00pm**
** all departure/ arrival time are all estimated and are subject to change due to road conditions and traffic.
|WHEN||MONDAY, WEDNESDAY, FRIDAY|
|MEETING POINT||in front of our office on Via Nazionale 149R opposite Hotel Galileo|
|PRICE||€ 60 per person|
|INCLUDED IN THE PRICE||Our English-speaking Italy on a Budget tour guide, 2 wineries, 2 wine tasting, snacks during the tasting, 1h30 visit of San Gimignano.|
|DURATION||7h. We return back to Florence at 5pm|
Departure guaranteed with a min 4 people. Max:50
|AGE RESTRICTION||People younger than 18 are not allowed on this tour. We suggest to look at more suitable tours such as our Taste of Tuscany tour or the Tuscany Experience where there is not so much wine involved.|
|IMPORTANT||Make sure you have a big breakfast before coming on the tour. Lots of wine is involved so an empty stomach is not recommended.|
|TRANSPORT||Private coach or 8 seat minivan|
|IS THIS TOUR FULLY BOOKED OR NOT AVAILABLE IN THE DAYS YOU ARE FREE?|
|JOIN OUR CHIANTIPSY, TASTE OF TUSCANY TOUR or the TUSCANY EXPERIENCE !|
Spending the night in Siena?ask your guide to be dropped off in San Gimignano so you don’t have to come all the way back to Florence. From San Gimignano you can take a local bus to Siena.
Checking out on the same day?The office is close to the train station so if you are checking out the same day of the tour, feel free to bring your bags and luggage with you. We will store them underneath the bus/van so that you will be ready to leave to your next destination when returning to Florence.
- - Make sure you have a big breakfast before coming on the tour. Lots of wine is involved so an empty stomach is not recommended.
- AGE RESTRICTION:
- Tour for 18 -39's. No kids allowed
- TOUR MEETING POINT:
- We meet at 9:40am in front our office on via nazionale 149R opposite the Hotel Galileo. We leave at 10:00am sharp, don't be late!
- San Gimignano
- Short Drive to the Chianti countryside to discover why the area is famous for its scenery as well as its wine.
- First Stop at a wine tasting school where you will taste 4 different type of wines including the famous Chianti Classico D.O.C.G. and a Super Tuscan wine, a 30 year- old balsamic vinegar and the delicious truffle extra virgin olive oil.
- Second stop at a local winery for a guided tour through the vineyards and the cellar with 3 wines; the famous Vernaccia white wine, a rosè wine and a Chianti colli senesi D.O.C.G. You will also have the opportunity to buy the local products and wine at a convinient cost to bring back home or ship it to friends and family.
- Afternoon spent wandering through the narrow streets of the most beautiful medieval town of Tuscany, San Gimignano with its tower filled skyline while eating the ice cream from a world-champion gelateria.
Departure Time: 9:40am at our office on via nazionale 149R
Days: Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday
Duration: Return back to Florence at 5pm
COMBINE THE GRAPE ESCAPE WITH THE FLORENCE BY NIGHT TO SAVE MONEY AND TIME
What people say about this tour on Tripadvisor:
"What a brilliant tour! Just a short drive from Florence to Chianti I had some of the best wines of my life and certainly one of the best wine tours I've ever been on. The wineries you visit are stunning and run by gorgeous locals, the food is delicious and tour guide Daniele was relaxed, knowledgeable and entertaining. Great opportunity... "
" Great way to top off my tour of Italy. Couldn't have been better. We got some lessons in wine tasting, saw some of the country side in Tuscany, learnt some local history, got to see San Gimignano and met some great people all in one day."