A unique way to experience Tuscany on a 1h30 horseback ride through the vineyards and local guide for more fun!
Meet our local guide at 8:45am for a short journey outside of Florence. During the trip you will receive info about the area and interesting facts about the locals. Once at the ranch which is an old riding school situated in a peaceful area immersed between the rolling hills of the Tuscan countryside, you will meet the horses before setting out.
Don't worry if you haven't ridden a horse before, it is a slow walk and the experienced staff will make sure you feel confident before leaving for a ride. We will ride in complete relax by lush wineyards, native woods, olive groves and rolling hills for a collection of breathtaking and unforgettable views for about 1h30m.
After the ride, your guide will take you to a famous and most preserved Medieval village close by called Monteriggioni. Here you will have free time to sit and relax for a coffee before returning to Florence, grab an ice cream from the local gelateria or wallk on the historical walls of the town.
|WHEN||TUESDAY, THURSDAY, SATURDAY ( available other days on request, get in touch with us )|
|MEETING POINT||in front of our office on via nazionale 149R opposite hotel Galileo|
€ 85.00 pp
|INCLUDED IN THE PRICE||Our local and informative guide, transport on a 8 seat van, 1h30 horse back ride, riding hats (helmets) are provided free of charge, info on the road about the area, visit to the walled town Monteriggioni.|
|DURATION||5h. Back to Florence at 1:30pm|
|MIN/MAX||min 2 people - max 8|
- A previous horseback riding experience is not required. It is a slow walk. No trott. The horses will walk on a line the intire time with the horse instructor at the front. If you are an experienced rider you will need to keep the group speed for security reasons.
- Wear closed shoes; no flip flops or sandals. Wear long trousers. You can get changed at the ranch.
- The horse instructor is not a tour leader so no infomation about the area will be provided during the ride.
- Max weight accepted is 110kg - no people younger than 18
COMBINE THIS TOUR TO SAVE MONEY AND TIME:
Combine the horseback ride with our TASTE OF TUSCANY* afternoon day tour. You don't have to come all the way back to Florence but simply join the group from Monteriggioni and continue the trip to Siena for a full experience of the Chianti region including the visit to a winery for wine tasting. When choosing this option, luch in Monteriggioni is also included.
* valid from April to the end of October
- in case of eavy rain the tour will be cancelled and the client will be able to reschedule the tour for a different day or ask for a refund of any fees paid. If it starts raining while the tour has already started, no refund will be granted.
- PLEASE NOTE:
- Wear closed shoes (no flip flops or sandals) and long trousers. You can also get changed once you get to the horse riding school.
- TOUR MEETING POINT:
- in front of our office on via Nazionale 149red opposite Hotel Galileo at 8:45am.
- Castellina In Chianti
- 9:00am departure from Florence
- Scenic drive through the rollin Tuscan hills
- 1h30 Horseback Riding at a Ranch
- Visit to Monteriggioni
- Return to Florence by 1.30 pm