A day trip from Rome to 3 famous villages of Tuscany ; Siena, San Gimignano and Monteriggioni including wine tasting in the Chianti region.
If you are short of time and you are only in Rome for a few days, this is the perfect tour that allows you to see as much as possible of Tuscany in only a day!
You will depart from Rome at 7:00am on a 1h30m journey by fast speed train to Florence. Once in Florence come directly to our office in via nazionale 149R just 5mins walk from the train staion where you will meet our guide who will take you to an exciting trip to Tuscany.
The tour departs from Florence at 9:00am on a 8 seat van. During the day we'll visit the historic city of SIENA where you will be enchanted by the architectural styles of the cathedral and the old palace in Piazza del Campo, the venue of the famous Palio horse race held twice a year in July and August. After an orientation walk with your guide you will be left free to explore the town, sit in one of the many cafe to relax or discover the hidden streets of this magical town.
The walled town of MONTERIGGIONI will be one of our stops on the way to Siena just to give our passengers the possibility to be part of where the Gladiator was filmed and visit THE most preserved Medieval town in Tuscany.
We will then continue towards SAN GIMIGNANO, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the most famous walled medieval hill town in Tuscany also reknown as the " Manatthan of Tuscany " due to the many towers. On the way to the village our guide will give you maps and tips about the best places to visit and you will have free time to wander through the narrow and characteristic streets and check out the local shops selling the Tuscan delicacies. Don't forget that San Gimignano is also the place where the word champion gelato maker is based... so make sure to have some cash with you to spoil yourself.
We'll also ride throughout the CHIANTI region with its charming scenic views and we will reach an authentical Tuscan WINERY surrounded by rolling hills, vines and olive groves for WINE AND OLIVE OIL TASTING. Don’t forget to bring your camera…..the scenery from here is stunning!
Return back to Florence is by 6:00pm. Back to Rome by 8:30pm
|WHEN||Every MONDAY, THURSDAY, SATURDAY, SUNDAY from April to end of October|
|MEETING PLACE||Termini or TiburtinaTrain station in Rome. A confirmation of the itinerary and train tickets will be sent once the tour is confirmed.|
|TIME||The train departs from Rome Termini at 07:00am approx.|
|RETURN||Back to Rome at 8:30pm|
|INCLUDED IN THE PRICE||Return train ticket from/toRome, transport in a 8 seat mini van from Florence, our fun and informative local English speaking guide, stop in San Gimignano, stop in Siena, orientation walk in Siena, quick stop in Monteriggioni and wine tasting with snacks .|
|LUNCH||Optional lunch of tradional Tuscan dishes for only € 14.00. Pre book it online or organise it with your guide in the morning.|
- You won't meet one of our team at the meeting point in Rome and you will travel by train independently from Rome to Florence and back. You will meet us directly in Florence at the tour departure point. Directions will be provided at the moment of the booking
- Full details of the train ticket will be sent by email to the customers a few days before the tour. On the ticket you will find the train number and seat assigned.
- Make sure you get on the train and platform as per the ticket sent 10 mins prior the tour.
- No refund will be issued to clients who miss the train
This tour is not elegible for package discount
|PRICE||€ 120 Single Ticket|
- Meeting Point
- Train station in Rome. All final details will be sent by email.
- San Gimignano
- Departure Time from Rome at 7:00am by high speed train
- Departure Time from Florence at 9:00am by minivan
- First stop in San Gimignano: 1h free time to visit the village and check out the shops
- Scenic drive throughout the Chianti region, the Tuscany wine area, stop in a farm for wine tasting
- Third stop of the day Monteriggioni, also reknowed as the crown of Italy: free time for photos
- Final stop is Historic city of Siena: orientation walk of the city then free time to check out the Duomo and the famous sights.
- Return back to Florence 5:30/6pm
- Return back to Rome 8:00pm approx